Saturday 16 June 2012

Secular Café: Water alkalinity?

Secular Café
Serious discussion of science, skepticism, evolution, pseudoscience, and the paranormal
Water alkalinity?
Jun 16th 2012, 08:53

It seems that everything I post is just me knowing nothing, and me asking for answers, and I am going to have to do so again. I was at the local shop down the street with my neighbor, because we were thirsty after playing a game of soccer. I grabbed the first bottle I saw but my friend browsed through every brand of water. I asked what he was doing, when he replied that he was checking the water's alkalinity. I, as usual being quite confused, asked him why, and he said that there were significant health benefits, if the water's alkalinity was just below 8 on the pH scale, and apparently the same applies for food.
I asked what the health benefits he was talking about, and he never gave me an answer.
Did he just not know the reasons that slightly alkaline water is good, or we're there none to start with?

P.S: I promise that my next thread will actually be on a topic that I know something about.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.